Search engine optimization or SEO is considered as a powerful web marketing tool which refers to the process enhancing the visibility of a website and webpage in search engine through search results. In addition, SEO is the process of generating Internet traffic from free listings on search engine. SEO is designed to improve ranking in search engine results with an aim of achieving the highest rank on the search results page and as an online marketing strategy, SEO considers people searches and keywords typed in search engines which target different kinds of search engine like academic search, video, image and local search.
Advantages of Search Engine Optimization
- Global Reach- This advantage is considered as the most important because you can access lots of audience.
- Cost Effective- SEO can be beneficial in your business through free advertisement. Unlike other marketing strategy such as pay-per-click marketing and Google AdWords, SEO is an affordable technique that lasts for several years.
- Enhance Business Efforts- Since SEO offers free advertisement for your products and services, this could help the business improve the site’s ability to sell and market your products.
Disadvantages of SEO
- Unpredictable- The unpredictable ability of SEO is due to the dependence of the algorithm because you cannot predict its ROI.
- Unfair Practices- Unethical practices in the web is not new, so mostly likely your business could experience these unfair practices and could affect the company’s credibility.
- Lack of Control- This is considered as the biggest disadvantage of SEO because it is very hard to be included in top results.
As a marketing tool, search engine optimization increases a website’s relevance and considers how search engines work and what audience search for. Other efforts of SEO include website’s coding, presentation, structure and problem solving that could prevent indexing programs in spidering a site. Further, other sites efforts are having unique content in a website, easy search engine indexed and making the website attractive to the users.
Basic SEO Tips
- Creating a blog and participating in other related blogs- Reading and participating in other blogs can also boost your Internet exposure and help achieve new links.
- Utilizing social media marketing- Joining appropriate communities such as Flickr or any other social media sites could create visual element for your business.
- Creating great website- It is also important to invest in a great website and making it one of the best sites.
- Building Site Map Page- Site map help spiders locate important pages in your websites as well as understanding its hierarchy. In a site map it is also significant to keep one to less than 100 links.
- Link building. Constantly build one way text links to your website. You can buy backlinks very cheap and increase you search engine ranking quickly.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.